This particular folkloristic group presents a performance consisting of different kinds of shows such as:
· A parade with instruments made in tin, wood and brass which go back to the Roman period;
· Folk songs in ‘Bergamasco’ dialect;
· Typical dances celebrating life style country people in Lombardy a Region of north Italy. Gioppino (name deriving from Giuseppe, Giuseppino…), is the inspiring character of the group, whose figure expresses in himself the shrewdness of mountain people, the supreme good nature and roughness of local people. He lived in the eighteenth century, with his faithful wife Margì (from Maria, Marietta), fellow of thousands adventures. During the centuries several invasions changed people customs: French, Austrian, Slavic, Roman and Venetian domination left evident signs in habit and dialect.
Description of the performance:
During the show there are around 30 people in peasant fancy dress gathered in the following way:
· Orchestra:1 large drum; 2 little drum; 2 accordions; 1 guitar; 1 trumpet.
· 16 dancers;
· Singers in polyphonic chorus with 3 voices.
The songs are both in Italian and Lombardy language.
The dances in style: seven steps, leap, mazurka, march and gavotte are very happy and lively and they take about 5 minutes each and use choreography as ribbons, umbrellas, flowers, pail, grapes, wine casks, sticks and scythes. The show introduces to the popular life of “Orobie” Alps and of Padana plain.
The show takes about 2 hours.