I’m Italian and I was born in the south of Italy, more precisely in Cosenza.
I studied at Scientific High School in my small town “Mormanno”, in the Calabria region.
In 2005 I obtained the English language certificate, issued by the University of Cambridge – ESOL Examinations.
I have studied English since I was 8 and now I speak and write English language in professional contexts.
I also speak and write Spanish language, for daily use, keeping good relationships with people.
I learned Spanish travelling around the world and studying this wonderful musical language.
In December 2019, I graduated in Law and in March 2021 I obtained a Master’s in International Relations and Communications.
Involvement with my cultural heritage
I love the traditions and culture of my region including its crafts, uses, foods, clothes and ancient childs’ entertainments. I also adore getting to know and learning about people from different foreign traditions and cultures to the world.
When I was 8, I enrolled as a dancer, in the first minor section of “Miromagnum Folk Group”, that was the first association in my town where I grew up during years.
Miromagnum Folk Group was born in Mormanno (Cs) in 1980, originating a path of studies, protection and conservation about the cultures and traditions of Calabria.
From 1981 Its members have participated in the most important International Folk Festivals, like Cioff and Igf circuits.
In 2000, I attended the Jubilee with my Group in Rome, and we sang our traditional songs, in front of the Pope John Paul II and it certainly was my best and the most exciting experience.
In 2004, when I was 15, I was promoted to the major section and since then I have travelled to and participated in the following International Folk Festivals :
• 2019 “Sounds, Colors and Traditions of the World” (Sabac, Serbia) ;
• 2017 “Fétes du Lilas” (Vitry sur Seine, Francia) ;
• 2015 “Kieler Woche” (Kiel, Germania) ;
• 2014 “Nunca Zamfirei” I.G.F. (Bistrita, Romania) ;
• 2012 “Festival Internazionale del Folkore” (Sofia, Bulgaria) ;
• 2011 “Europaisches Folklore Festival” (Bitburg, Germania) ;
• 2010 “Festival Internazionale del Folklore” (Mosca – Volgodonsk, Russia) ;
• 2009 “Festival Internazionale del Folklore” (Nizza, Francia) ;
• 2008 “Festival Internazionale del Folklore” (Palma de Mallorca – Sollèr, Spagna) ;
• 2007 “Mondial des Cultures de Drummondville” C.I.O.F.F. (Drummondville, Canada) ;
• 2006 “Festival Internazionale del Folklore” (Salonicco, Grecia) ;
• 2006 “Danza y Canciones Populares, Folk del Mundo” (Jaèn, Spagna) ;
• 2005 “Centenario della Provincia di Alberta – Calgary Stampede” (Calgary, Canada) ;
• 2005 “Festival Internazionale del Folklore” (Banskà Bystrica, Slovacchia) ;
In November 2017, I became Vice President of my Group, completing many ambitious projects, building international relationships and I’m already thinking about future ideas.
I live and work in Rome (ITA), but I’m constantly updated on my Group’s activities, always participating carefully in every decision and project to be implemented.
This year 2020, Miromagnum Folk Group marks its 40th year of brilliant activity.
In March 2021, the Italian Iov Board of Directors has nominated me Chair of Italian Iov Youth Commission.