Fabrizio Cattaneo began his musical studies at age of six, attending classes taught by many well-known teachers. In 1979, at age 12, he became a member of the folk group “Gioppini of Bergamo”, playing accordion, was President for period 1993 – 2013. He is a highly qualified instructor of folk dances and is a master Accordionist.
Fabrizio Cattaneo was appointed in 2015 as the IOV WORLD International Organization of Folk Art as Acting Secretary General and confirmed in 2017 as Secretary General.
Others actual positions :
– Vice President in the Italian Folk Art Federation (FITP)
– Member of council of knights “Jure Pleno” in the Ducato of Piazza Pontida and member of the board of the Crown
– Artistic Director in international folk dance festival of Bergamo
– President in IOV ITALY national section
– Artistic Director in folk group ” i Gioppini di Bergamo”
He is an entrepreneur, craftsman, electronics- technician computer, and owner of a company that provides technical assistance in audio, video, and computers.