IOV – the Board of Directors
IOV – the Board of Directors
|Board of Directors (BD): 19 voting members + financial adviser + honorary president Executive Committee|
|1 GA-20161112||President||Ali Khalifa|
|2 GA-20161112||Vice-President||Hans Holz|
|3 GA-20161112||Vice-President||Emma Chen|
|4 EC-20171223||Secretary-General||Fabrizio Cattaneo|
|5 GA-20161112||Treasurer||Henk Huijser|
|EC-20170107||As adviser of the Financial Support Commission||Abdulla Saleh|
|7 EC-20161121||Festivals & Practices Com.||Geert Nijhof|
|8 EC-20161121||Science & Research & Financial Support Commis.||Mohammed El Nouri|
|9 EC-20161121||Communication & Publications Commission||Dr. Nour Badis|
|10 EC-20161121||Special Projects Comm.||Parul Shah|
|11 EC-20170107||Youth Commission||Luba Pirgova-Morgan|
|1 Older meritorious person|
|12 EC-20161121||Dr. Ahmed Morsi|
|Regional Exec. Directors|
|13 EC-20161121||Africa||Dr. Mohamed Joudat|
|14 BD-20180328||America||Antonio Clerton Vieira da Silva|
|15 BD- 20171106||Asia||Dunguu Munkhnasan|
|16 BD-20180328||Europe||Javier Rodrigo Ilarri|
|18 EC-20170107 (1)||Middle East & N.-Africa||Abdulaziz A. Al Musallam|
|19 EC-20161207||Yury Guryanov|
|20 GA-20161112||Honorary President, as added member||Carmen Padilla|
|Festivals & Practices C.|
|1 EC-20161121||chair||Geert Nijhof|
|Science & Research, and Financial Support Commission|
|1 EC-20161121||Chair||Mohammed El Nouri|
|Financial Support Commission|
|2 EC-20161207||Chair||Abdulla Saleh|
|Communication & Publications Commis.|
|1 EC-20161121||chair||Dr. Nour Badis|
|Special Projects Commission|
|1 EC-20161121||chair||Parul Shah|
|1 IYC - 20170716||chair||Luba Pirgova-Morgan|
|Legal Committee||Chair can be invited to attend meetings of the EC or the BD.|
|1 BD-20180328||chair||Hanady Essa Al.Jowder|
Mrs. Carmen Padilla
President, 2003-2016 International Organisation of Folk Art (IOV) Chair and Executive Director, 2000-2008 Philippine National Commission for Culture and Arts (NCCA) Chair Culture Committee, UNESCO National Commission Philippines (UNACOM) Vice Chair UNESCO Memory of the World Committee for Asia and Pacific (MOWCAP) Chair UNESCO Memory of the World Committee for Asia and the Pacific Philippines Centennial Awardee Outstanding alumnae of the Centennial of the College of the Holy Spirit, Manila, Philippines Centennial Awardee Outstanding alumnae of the Centennial of the St. Scholastica’s College, College of Music, Manila, Philippines PAX Awardee Highest Award for alumnae of St. Scholastica’s College, Manila Choir conductor Concert pianist
Regional executive director for Asia
was born in the Yesonzuil district of Uvurkhangai province in Mongolia.
- College of Art and Culture, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia (1987-1991)
- Bachelor of Cultural Management (1998-2001)
- Qualification in the English language (2000-2002)
- Master of the Institute of Art and Culture, majoring in Culture Management (2006-2008)
- Elected vice-chairwoman of the International Organization of Folk Arts (IOV), (2001-2004)
- Elected president of Festival Commission of International Organization of Folk Arts (IOV),
- Founder of CMPI Mongolia (2003)
- Secretary of International Organization of Folk Art Mongolia, (since 2004)
- Board Member of Mongolian Wind Music Association (2005)
- National Representative of FIDAF Mongolia (2016)
- Member of World Traditional Archery Organization (2017)
- IOV Regional Executive director for ASIA (2017)
- Honorary member of the World Academy of Chinggis Khaan (2000)
- She participated and organized in a number of conferences, festivals, concerts, National days inside as well as outside Mongolia.
- Participated 3 biggest expo for Mongolian Pavilions. Geyonju International Silk Road expo in Korea, China Silk Road expo and Bio Medical expo in Korea.
Communication & Publications Commission
Dr. Nour El-Houda Badis
- Obtained the professorship in the Arabic language and literature (1989).
- Obtained the competence certificate in the scientific research (Tunis 1991).
- Obtained the PHD in the Arabic language and literature (Tunis 1991).
- Qualification in the Arabic language and literature.
- International Organization of Folk Arts (IOV), Secretary for Tunisia & North Africa Region 2007.
- Folk Culture Field work teams Director for IOV - Middle East & North Africa.
- Member of Editorial Board of (Folk Culture) Magazine – Bahrain.
- A member in the research lab in argumentation and rhetoric in the faculty of Arts in Mannoba.
- A scholar in the field of criticism, rhetoric and literature theories.
- She has got a number of published books, articles and researches in many Tunisian and Arab magazines.
- She participated in a number of scientific seminars inside as well as outside Tunis.
She has conducted a number of researches, such as:
- The Arab conception of the relationship between the term and the meaning and its impact on their understanding to the figuration expression (faculty of Arts - mannoba).
- Studies in the oration, the Arab Institution for Studies and Publication – Beirut 2008.
- The eloquence of infrequency and the eloquence of plentifulness – a research in conciseness and expatiation – The Arab Institution for studies and publication 2008.
- A critical study published in the book “Affinities”, published by “Printemps des Poetes– France“.
- A number of participations in seminars inside and outside Tunis:
- The forum of wondrous nature of the holy Koran studies (Tunisian university Annuals – Issue 35).
- Dealing with the literature text – contribution in the seminar – argumentation in language literature and thought (the faculty of Human and social sciences – Tunis).
- The text and the text impress (a study in a prevailing critical judgment ….. “The charm of eloquence (indication in criticism and literature).
- Aspect of altruism in the ancient Arab speech (faculty of Arts – Mannoba 2005).
- The implied violence (a study in the senses disorder – Ahlam Mistghanmi (the woman`s conferences – Cairo 2001).
- The modern Arabic Poetry and the modern Arab world issues (al-Qurain Cultured Festival 12th -2005).
- “When Eiman Aseeri seeks a shelter in the fires and ashes “a study in a modern Bahraini poetic experience, the national Bahraini cultural forum – Bahrain 2006.
- The modeling in the language, Literature and thought (A seminar held in the faculty of Human and Social Sciences – Tunis – 2007).
Besides many of the translations and researches on translation, such as:
- Within the limitation of interpretation, a translation of a text – lamberto Echo).
- Translation – creativity or pliability (translation conference – Cairo 2002).
- Is the individual effort enough for the translation of Encyclopedias (translation seminar and the knowledge society – Cairo 2006).
Science & Research, and Financial Support Commission
Dr. Mohamed Nouiri
Editor, Researcher and Writer
Date and place of birth: 25 June 1954, Tunisia Address: P.O. Box 5050, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain.
Marital status: Married with two children.
Telephone number: +97336327997
Languages: Arabic, French and English.
Current Occupation: Research Consultant for the Bahrain Royal Court.
Education: University of Tunis
1998 PHD in Arabic Language, Literature and Culture (with great distinction).
1985 Professeur Agrégé Arabic Language and Literature- highest scholarly award given by the state.
1982 Professional Certificate in Scientific Research.
1980 Mastery Certificate in Arabic Language, Literature and Culture.
1979 Graduate Certificate in General Linguistics.
1980 Graduate Certificate in Comparative Literature.
(1980-1985) Secondary School Teacher- Arabic Language and Literature.
(1985-1987) Professor in the Department of Arabic Language and Literature- University of Tunis
(1987- 1998) Assistant Professor – University of Tunis
(1998-2003) Co- Professor - University of Tunis
2003- Professor in the Department of Arabic Language and Literature- University of Tunis
1998-2005 Head of the Research and Publishing Department - University of Tunis
2006-2008 Head of Research- University of Tunis
2008- Professional consultant to the Bahrain Royal Court.
2008- Managing Editor and Head of the Scientific Committee - Folk Culture for Studies, Research and Publishing
2016- Head of the Scientific Committee - The International Organization of Folk Art.
Visiting Professor in several French universities throughout the years.
Examples of published work
“Speech and Rhetorical Theory amongst Arabs”
“Rhetoric and the Culture of Manliness”
“Arabs and Sensory Poetry”
Hundreds of scientific articles, lectures and contributions in Paris, Lyon, Cairo, Amman, Morocco, Manama , Tunisia and more.
Legal Committee Chair
Hanady Essa Al.Jowde
Born in Muharraq – Bahrain
- Degree in Law (United Arab Emirates University).
- Masters in Law (– University of Bahrain).
-PHD in law (currently– University of Bahrain).
- Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) 2007.
- Diploma in Political Development - 2008.
- Advanced Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming - 2009.
- Lawyer , at Nasser Alshaik Mohmed Almubarak office.
- Lawyer, Legal consoler (ministry of housing, municipalities and environment).
- Teacher of HumanRights Law at University of Bahrain
- Head of the legal Affairs department in the middle area municipality (currently).
- Member of the Arbitration Commercial Centre.
Director of the International Organization of Folk Art
- Member of the council of the folk's poetry society.
- Vice-president of the council of the society of folks poetry.
- Supervision of the committees and activities of the female poet members of the society – 2004/2005/2006.
- Head of the media committee and the Publications Committee in the society.
- Member of the national culture forum administration council – 2008/ 2015
- Member of the programs and activates committee and secretariat of the P R committee national culture forum .
- Member and secretariat of the Wednesday gathering of Bahrain writers and Authors society and it's programs and activities committee. (Previously).
- Holder of many participation and attendance training sessions in commercial arbitration, e-trading and legal affairs.
- Supervision of many forums in poetry and literature on many web-forums.
Writing and publishing:
- started writing literary pieces and folks poetry in 2001 and publishing in 2002.
Author of ( The Criminal Protection of Public Domain) -
participated in countless training sessions, forums, poetry events and activities in and out of the kingdom
Festivals & Practices Commission Chair
Since 1985 Geert has been active in the International Folkloristic Dance festival SIVO in the Netherlands.
In the period between 1990 and 2005 he was the President of the SIVO festival and he has learned to collaborate with many folklore organizations in the whole world.
Since 2005 Geert was working as a freelance (voluntary worker) impresario for the SIVO-festival and in this task he tried to arrange a lot of Cultural exchanges between countries. He was active for many other festivals too.
It’s his goal to keep alive the traditional heritage of all nations and to improve the well understanding between nations by organizing festivals and other activities.
Therefore it’s necessary to work on a well-organized network of people with the same feelings and interest in cultural traditional exchanges.
From the beginning of the section IOV-Netherlands (1993) Geert is registered as an individual member of IOV.
In March of the year 2012 he has been elected as the President of IOV-section Netherlands and he is proud on the collaboration of the collected IOV-organizations in the Netherlands.
Geert tries to contribute the IOV-organization world-wide and he wants to be helpful in improving and keeping a healthy and active IOV-world.
In the new Festival and Practices commission of IOV-world he hopes to collaborate with a lot of new people who can contribute with him in order to improve our worldwide Festival coordination.
CHAIR Special Projects Commission
PROF. DR. GURU (Smt.) PARUL SHAH
(PATEL PARUL PRABUDDHA)
DATE OF BIRTH: 11 February 1952
ADDRESS: 13, Chetan Society, Akota, Baroda-390020, (Gujarat) INDIA.
PHONE: (R) 91-265-2314083 (M) +91 9825315178
EMAIL: < firstname.lastname@example.org>
- B.Sc. (Physics), L L B (general)
- L L B (Sp. Taxation)
- Ph. D., M. Mus., B. Mus., PG Dip (Nattuvangam), Diploma
- (All in Dance)
- Special training in Movement Analysis, Dance Therapy
- PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR
- MHRD-UGC ECONTENT PG PATHASHALA and
- MOOCs in SWAYAM PROJECT
- Performing Arts Dance
- Former DEAN and HEAD
- Department of Dance,
- Faculty of Performing Arts,
- The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda,
- Vadodara 390001 (Gujarat)
Prof. Dr. Smt Parul Shah is one of the rare combinations of Performing artiste, Cross-cultural Choreographer, Bharatanatyam Guru, Dance Educator, Scholar, Researcher, Arts Administrator and highly motivated human being. She got appointed as the Professor in Dance in 1993, at the young age of 41 and became the Head of the Department of Dance and the Dean of the Faculty of Performing Arts at the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, India. Prof Shah is selected by the Chairman UGC and awarded the prestigious MHRD project of creating E PG Content for the E PG PATHASHALA in Performing Arts (Dance/Drama/Theatre) in April 2014. She was the first Principal Investigator of all subjects to complete the project in record time in October 2016. In July 2016, she is invited by MHRD-UGC to create MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) in Performing Arts. She is perhaps the first in Performing Arts of India to receive the “Choreomundus Heritage Master Fellowship” as the visiting scholar of the Erasmus Mundus of the European Union International Master in Dance knowledge, Practice and Heritage. She was the Fellow at the University of Roehampton, London for 3 weeks in March 2014. Since 2013, she is working on the Major Research Project of the UGC on “The changing dynamics of the Classical dance of India with respect to Bharatanatyam” She was awarded the Senior Fulbright Fellowship in 1992-93 for pioneering work in Movement Analysis-Notation in Indian classical dance. Along with Laban Movement Analysis, she got trained in the application of the same as therapy. She is the recipient of Senior Artiste Fellowship of the Department of Culture Ministry of HRD for Movement Analysis of stylistic differences of the Four Schools of Bharatanatyam, 1994-96. The interest in research started in 1977-84, with Ph. D in “The Rasa Dance of Gujarat, a critical survey” with UGC Junior and Senior Fellowships.
Beginning in 1972 at Delhi Rastrapati Bhavan, Dr. Shah’s performing career has grown
with depth, each performance bringing out the true love of dance. She is sensitive, truthful and lively performer. The active dance career (Classical, Folk, Contemporary, Creative) of more than 40 years, has taken her to near and far lands (USA, UK, Italy, Greece, France, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Denmark, Shri Lanka, Egypt etc.) performing, teaching, lecturing, collaborating, learning, sharing in the top institutions and with most creative innovative individuals such as Phillip Zarrili, Pegy Mue Choy, Jin-wen Yu, Louise Tchabushnig, Janet Lilly, Buff Brennan and in India Prof Sitanshu Yasheshchandra, Padmashree Geeta Chandran, Prof Deepak Kannal, Prof Ranjana Harish, Dr. Arshia Shethi, to name a few. She is a regular visiting Professor in the Dance Program at the University of Wisconsin USA. She was invited to lecture and has conducted workshops at University of California, UCLA, Skidmore College, Univ. of Arizona, Ohio State University, EWAH Univ at South Korea, Ayutthaya Rajbhat University, Thailand, Banaras Hindu University, Ravindrabharati University, IGNCA and many such educational cultural institutions. Her research papers are presented at reputed International conferences of CORD, JADE, WDA, CID, IGNCA and such. She is active member of various professional organizations such as ABHAI, IMACO, Shruti, CORD, WDA, CID. Since 2012, Prof Shah is the India President of International Folk Art Organization, IOVA a UNESCO body.
Her major dance productions are Rajyalaksmi, Buddha Tattva, Dipta Kailash, Kanya Viday, Abhishap, Chetana, Shri Chandramaulishwar Kuravanji, Shri Antaryami, Nirguna, Abhishap, Kavi-Kavita-Gujarat, Random Graces and many creative items in solo and group formats. Most of them are women centric. Her main focus is expanding the horizons of Bharatanatyam, so that the strength of the classicism enriches the coming generations. In July 2017, she taught Garba in Derbyshire UK to the professional Modern Dancers for the 70 years celebration of India-Britain relations. She was invited by the M P Government Cultural and Tourism Department to curate the Exhibition NEPATHYA as part of the world famous Khajuraho Dance Festival in February 2018.
New interpretations to the myths, sensibility and imaginary to traditional lyrics, new choreography with regional languages and popular music goner are her forte.
She became very popular with the chorography of all dances of 1st Ramayana of Ramanand Sagar. She is equally versatile in the Classical, Folk, Contemporary and Creative dance. Her disciples are not only in Baroda and India but also in USA, Italy, Singapore, Canada etc. Prof. Shah is the recipient of Mahakal Sangit Ratna, Gujarat Rajya Gaurav Purasker, Rotary International award and many grants and fellowships. Her administrative strength is much valued and has earned her great respect of hard working task master. She has continued to organise many events. She is the Curator of Nritya Parva, from 2008, an annual national and International dance festival, which she started in 1981 in memory of her late Guru. Move India Move for Change in 2013 was a specially designed event for the national cultural enclave for all India Universities. She has chaired and is member of many academic and cultural committees on local, state and national and international level. She is well versed in handling an active performing career, running successfully her repertory company Anjali Memorial Committee, intense research as well as guiding the doctoral scholars and being a warm, intense woman!
AMERICA REGIONAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Antonio Clerton Vieira da Silva
Artistic Name: Clerton Vieira
D.R.T / SP : 208.48 - Dancer artist
Address: Martins Fontes' street - 164 - apt: 101
Neighborhood: Centro - São Paulo - SP.
Contacts: +55 -11 98539-2315
Professor and folklorist Clerton Vieira was born in the city of Fortaleza state of Ceará and resides in the city of São Paulo - Brazil since 2001.
- Graduated in Hospitality and Events by UNIESP and Post Graduated in Psychopedagogy by UNIFAI.
He was Vice-President and National Secretary of IOV-BRAZIL, International Organization of Folklore and Popular Arts (2010/2012).
- He was president of the Festival Committee CIOFF Brazil - International Council of Folklore and Traditional Arts Festivals.
- Coordinated. He directed groups of folk dances in São Paulo, among them the Grupo Raízes da ACM - Christian Association of Young Men.
- Former dancer of the Group of Tradições Cearenses. (Folkloric Ballet)
- In 2005 he was awarded among the twenty best choreographers in the city of São Paulo. through ENDA - National Encounter of Dance and SINDDANCE - Syndicate of Dance.
- Coordinated the Folkloric Ballet Filhos do Sol in Fortaleza / Ceará (1994 to 2001)
EUROPE REGIONAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Javier Rodrigo Ilarri
Departamento de Ingeniería Hidráulica y Medio Ambiente
ETSI Caminos canales y Puertos
Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Camino de Vera s/n 46022
Javier Rodrigo Ilarri was born in Valencia. He holds a Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering and works as full-time professor at the Polytechnic University of Valencia. He is an active member of IOV since 2009. Between 1984-1991 he studied music and piano at the Conservatory of Music of Valencia. Since then his cultural activities have been mainly related to choral music through the organization of many events and cooperations between groups from different countries. On 1990-1998 he was a member of the Sant-Yago University Choir of Valencia, being its President between 1992-1998. During this period he organized concerts in many countries around the world (Argentina and Brazil (1990) - Russia (1991) - Canada (1992) - United Kingdom (1993) - China (1994) - South Africa (1995) - Australia and New Zealand ( 1996) - Brazil (1997) - Austria (1998)) these activities being always sponsored by the Ministry of Culture of Spain and the cultural authorities of the Valencian Community. He also organized visits to Spain of the corresponding groups (choirs and folk groups) of all these countries. Between 1995-2002 he was a member of the National Youth Choir of the Spanish National Choir Confederation (COACE) with whom he represented Spain at the EuropaCantat Festival held in Nevers (France) in 2002. In 2000, together with other members of the National Youth Choir founded the vocal group MATERSAULE. In 2001 he founded the Choir of the Polytechnic University of Valencia, being its President between 2004-2008. With this university choir he has organized exchanges with choirs from Spain (Madrid and Salamanca (2002), Italy (2004-2005), Austria (2005- 2006) and Poland (2007). He was co-organizer of the International Music Festival "Millenium Pace" that took place in Valencia in 2003. In 2004-2005 he was director of the Museums and Donations Area of the Vice-Rectorate of Culture of the Polytechnic University of Valencia. In 2008-2009 he was a member of CAMERATA VOCALIS, chamber choir of the KarlEberhards Universität Tübingen with whom he participated in the International Choir Festival of Cork (Ireland) in April 2009. In 2003, he founded NEOVOCALIS, a chamber choir devoted to the study of contemporary vocal music. He has been active singer in this group since 2015.
Was born in Moscow on eve of the 2nd World War. Graduated from the Moscow State Institute of Culture and then worked about 15 years at the Extreme North of Russia (city of Magadan, Chukotka peninsula, region of Kolyma river) dealing with folk life of the indigenous small-in-number peoples (Chukchi, Eskimos, Evens, and others). Received degree of Ph.D. Candidate in the Moscow Academy of Social Sciences.
After returning to Moscow in 1978 worked in the Russia Scientific-Research Institute of Culture as vice-director, director of the USSR Scientific-Methodological Center of Folk Arts, chairs of folk arts divisions in the USSR Ministry of Culture, specialist-in-chief of the Russia Ministry of Culture after destroy of the Soviet Union, leading specialist of the State Russian Folk Arts House, adviser of Director General in the State Republican Center of Russian Folklore.
Repeatedly was lecturer in different International, Inter-Regional and National Conferences and Meetings related to the UNESCO Recommendation for preservation of folklore, Living Treasures of Mankind and Convention of the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage.