National Section Chair IOV Latvia
Dr. hist. Aija Jansone
- Senior Researcher at the Institute of Latvian History at the University of Latvia
- A head of the Ethnographic Department at the Ethnographic Open-Air Museum of Latvia
The Institute of Latvian History at the University of Latvia:
Kalpaka bulvāris 4, Rīga LV-1050, LATVIA
Phone: +371 67034868
The Ethnographic Open-Air Museum of Latvia:
- Dr. hist. (history), University of Latvia, 1995.
- Latvia State University, Department of History, 1984.
- A head of the Ethnographic Department at the Ethnographic Open-Air Museum of Latvia, 2017.
- A head of the Ethnology department at the Institute of Latvian History at the University of Latvia, 2007- 2016.
- Leader (senior) Researcher at the University of Latvia, Institute of History of Latvia, 2007.
Interests: Latvian traditional material culture, history of clothes. The history of textiles in the folk art of Middle, North and Eastern Europe (embroidering and folk costumes being the main subjects of the research).
- Monographers 12
- Articles in scientific journals 37
- Theses 25
- Other scientific publications 54
Recent/Representative Publications: Monographers (2011-2017):
- Jansone.A. The Clothing of Rucava – Riga, Zinatne, 2017, 271 P. (In Latvian).
- Jansone A. The development of costume in the historical region of Zemgale in the 19th century - Riga, 2016., 183 P. (In Latvian).
- Jansone A. Patterned mittens of Eastern Vidzeme – Riga, Zinatne, 2014., 215 P. (In Latvian and English).
- Jansone A. Kupče D. Piebalga is, was and will be. Dressing culture in Piebalga during the 19th century.//Aušanas darbnīca Vēverīšas, 2014., 183 P. (In Latvian).
- Jansone. A. Back Home Again. Aleksandra Dzērvīte and the Development of Latvian Crafts in Exile – Riga, Zinatne, 2013., 167 P. (In Latvian and English).
- Jansone. A. Krustpils-type villaines. A cultural Historical Research on Embroidered Krustpils-type Villaines in Eastern Latvia. (Late 18th – first half of the19th century).] - Riga, Zinatne, 2012., 263 P. (in Latvian).
- Jansone. A Heritage of Rucava’s Patterned Knitted Articles. – Riga, Zinatne, 2011., 200 P. (In Latvian and English).
Professional Activities and Memberships:
- A member of the Board of the intangible cultural heritage at the Ministry of Culture (2017).
- Latvia Institute of History Scientific Council, deputy head (2016).
- A head of Jury of Traditional Folk Costume During XXV Song festival (2013).
- Expert in Traditional Culture at the State Culture Capital Foundation (SCCF) (2007-2009), (2012-2014).
- Chairman on council of the traditional cultural folk decorative arts at the State Agency of Intangible Cultural Heritage (2012).
- Expert in the field of intangible cultural heritage (ICH) (in the UNESCO database). The announcement was made at the General Assembly of the States Parties to the Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage at its third session from 22 to 24 June 2010.
- Latvia University, Faculty of History doctoral board member (2010-2012).
- Expert of Latvia History (Ethnology) at the Latvia Academy, Latvian Council of Science (2010- 2017).
- Member of ICOM on Costume Committee (2006).
- Member of International Organization of Folk Art (IOV), 1998.